The Stedman's Concise Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is one of the most popular, reliable and trusted medical dictionaries in USA and throughout the world.
Its latest Fifth Edition is thoroughly updated with more than 51,000 entries, featuring more of the medical terminology used in over 30 of today's fastest growing health profession areas. You will also find more comprehensive inclusion of entries suited for the Nursing field, with correct terminology for all Nursing students and practitioners.
The enclosed electronic version is optimized for use on mobile devices, allowing quick and reliable search of terms, cross-reference among articles and easy one-hand navigation.
More than 40 leading consultants from the fastest growing nursing and health professions contributed to the enhancements of this latest edition, making it the ultimate quick-reference, core vocabulary resource for students, educators, and practitioners in the health professions.
- 51,000 terms of medicine and allied health field
- Throughout, detailed definitions for each term
- Pronunciations, including alternative British spellings
- Term etymology, where available
- Cross-references from within articles
- No connection needed - all data stays on the device
- Proprietary data format with very high compression ratio
- Designed for easy, one-hand operation
1) Before ordering, it is strongly recommended to download and use the trial version to ensure the dictionary is fully compatible with your smartphone model and that there is enough free space on the device!
2) Listed title and price are for electronic delivery only (ESD). If you need a CD, please contact us.